As a homeowner, you should consider purchasing insurance to protect your house, outbuildings, belongings and personal liability from loss.
SGI CANADA’s Home Pak can protect you in an easy, convenient, all-in-1 package.
Get a free house insurance quote
- You want customized protection and additional insurance for specific possessions? We’ve got that.
- Discounts for being an existing SGI CANADA customer or having a sparkling claims history? Our pleasure.
- Savings based on your age, or the age, style and location of your house? We can do that too.
Home Pak highlights
- a choice of Paks and options tailored to meet your needs
- choice of convenient premium payment plans
- Homeowner's Guarantee option; guarantees replacement of your home
- increased limits coverage
- prompt, convenient claims service
- reliable protection from a dependable insurance company with more than 70 years of experience
- extends coverage past the expiry date if an emergency is declared
- standard Legal Expense insurance with access to a free, unlimited Legal Advice Helpline
- Home Systems Protection coverage
- Service Line Coverage
Tailoring Home Pak to meet your needs
To help determine what amount of protection is right for you, your independent SGI CANADA broker may ask you to complete A Record of Your Belongings worksheet (pdf, 884 kb). The worksheet is designed to help you make a complete listing of your belongings, from clothing to major appliances.
By reviewing this list with your broker, you can be sure to have enough protection to replace all your belongings in the event of a major loss. Your insurance broker can help you pick the product that best meets your needs.
When you buy a Home Pak, you may be eligible for a discount if:
- You haven't had a claim for 3 years or more.
- Your age and number of years continuously insured with SGI CANADA qualify.
- You have a good credit history
- You have an approved monitored security system.
- You have a newer home.
- You have an electronic water shut-off system in your home.
- You don't have a mortgage on your home.
- You choose a higher deductible.
- You have a 4-inch automatic backwater valve installed.
For a complete list of Home Pak options, policies and prices contact your SGI CANADA insurance broker.
Do your insurance business online with MySGI
Did you know that you can do many of your insurance transactions online using MySGI? Sign-in to your secure MySGI profile to:
- change your preferred method of correspondence
- update your personal information
- pay for an SGI CANADA home, condo, tenant or auto policy
- view, save, and print your insurance policies
- submit an auto or home claim
- track an existing auto or home claim
- locate and contact a broker
Visit MySGI today to get started.