At SGI CANADA, we value our customers and take protection of your privacy seriously. You can rest assured that we'll protect and respect your personal information and personal health information.
As a property and casualty insurance company controlled and operated by Saskatchewan Government Insurance, the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and personal health information by SGI CANADA is governed by The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Application for Insurance you complete when you request a policy of insurance.
SGI CANADA maintains the privacy of your personal information and personal health information in accordance with the law and this notice.
We protect your personal information by:
- Limiting employee access to your personal information and personal health information - only employees who need to know your information in order to do their job can access your personal information.
- Maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to keep your personal information and personal health information safe and confidential.
- Requiring our employees to sign a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement every year to protect and hold your personal information in confidence.
- Most access to our system, internally or externally, leaves a footprint. Those transactions monitored leave a trail of the access code of the person using the system and the day, time and what customer information was accessed.
- If we share your information with a third-party service provider, we give them the least amount of information needed to provide the service we require, we restrict their ability to use the information for any other purpose and we require these individuals to keep your information safe and hold it in confidence.
- If we share your information with a third-party service provider that will collect, use, disclose or store your personal information outside of Canada, we will provide you with notice of this practice.
Collect - to gather, receive or record personal information or personal health information from any source, in any format and by any means.
Disclose - to make personal information or personal health information available outside of SGI CANADA.
Personal information - information about an identifiable individual - does not include aggregate information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
Personal health information - information with respect to the physical or mental health of an individual including any health services received.
Third party - an individual or organization other than the customer, the customer's agent or SGI CANADA.
Use - the treatment, handling or management of personal information by SGI CANADA.
SGI CANADA collects your personal information and personal health information to conduct our business. Whenever possible we collect this information directly from you and with your consent. However, there are times when SGI CANADA will collect information about you from other insured persons, witnesses, law enforcement or technical experts we hire.
When you apply for insurance, you consent to the collection of:
- Contact information for all insured persons including name, address, home and work phone numbers, fax numbers, email address and cellphone number.
- Birth date, age, gender, marital status and family status information.
- Your driver's licence information and the driver's licence information of every other person who operates the vehicles you are insuring including driver's licence number, driving record including collisions, licence suspensions, convictions, traffic violations, the class of licence held and any restriction on the driver's licence.
- Vehicle information.
- Financial information including banking information, credit card information, credit rating, payment history and tax returns.
- Property information (e.g., property values, mortgage or leasing information, etc.).
- Prior claim history and any information needed to adjust those prior claims (e.g., witness statements, damage estimates, claim file investigations, etc.).
- Information about you or the property you are insuring from underwriting tracking systems and other insurance companies.
- Commercial driving records and logs required to be completed by law, inspection outcomes relating to Carrier Audits for the National Safety Code Certificates, driver and vehicle list, claim history, safety violations, etc.
- Any information needed to adjust an insurance claim (e.g., blood alcohol readings, collision reports from law enforcement, witness statements, damage estimates, claim file investigations, property valuations, etc.).
- Information about your transactions with us and products and services you use.
SGI CANADA uses SurveyGizmo to collect user feedback on our websites, applications and services. In addition to your survey responses, in order to ensure the quality of data collected and avoid duplicate responses, SurveyGizmo and SGI CANADA collect your computer’s or device’s IP address, geolocation, and the first 3 digits of the postal code. This information is retained by SurveyGizmo in the United States, as well as SGI CANADA in Canada. Results are password protected and only available to staff selected to analyze the data. Any questions regarding this may be directed to our Privacy Department.
How we use your information
The personal information described above is shared between various departments within SGI CANADA and with our business partners (e.g., brokers, lawyers, process servers, medical or financial consultants, and other technical experts) for providing you insurance, adjusting a claim and meeting our general business needs including:
- To verify your identity.
- To confirm your application information and understand and assess your insurance needs.
- To underwrite insurance risks on a prudent basis.
- To provide the benefits to which you are entitled.
- To respond to inquiries, questions and concerns and to communicate with our customers.
- To detect, investigate and prevent fraud.
- To comply with requests from law enforcement agencies.
- To assist customers with insurance financing options (i.e. AutoPay).
- To conduct litigation that arises out of our business including collecting a debt or enforcing an obligation owed to us by you.
- To conduct business audits.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- To conduct surveys and internal business analysis, gather broad demographic information, compile statistics for research, and develop products and services.
- To respond to your requests for access to information, privacy concerns or requests for corrections in your personal information.
- To comply with the law.
- To notify you of other products and services to meet your needs.
- To conduct public education and loss prevention campaigns regarding insurance concerns.
- To improve business processes and business systems through secured data testing.
Disclosing your information
When you make an application for insurance, you consent to the disclosure of your information to:
- Your broker or agent.
- Insurance tracking or reporting agencies used by SGI CANADA.
- Service providers who deliver a service or program on our behalf (e.g., independent adjusters, lawyers, accountants, medical experts, etc.).
SGI CANADA is required to comply with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This act not only sets out our obligations to protect your personal information, but indicates when that information may be disclosed without your consent. Without your consent, we can share your information:
- To respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order or other comparable legal process.
- With other departments within SGI CANADA and our affiliate companies.
- With law enforcement for enforcing the laws or carrying out a lawful investigation.
- With other municipal, provincial and federal government ministries and agencies for determining eligibility for programs and services, and for investigating fraud.
- With the Registrar of Motor Vehicles in other jurisdictions for licensing and registration purposes.
- With our service providers who deliver a service or program on our behalf (e.g., independent adjusters, lawyers, accountants, medical experts, etc.).
- With the Ombudsman.
- With the Privacy Commissioner.
- With a lawyer acting for an individual involved in a motor vehicle collision (name and address of vehicle owner only).
- With Canada Revenue Agency for collecting money owed to the Government of Saskatchewan or Canada.
If you request or consent to the release of your information to a third party, SGI CANADA will release your information as requested.
Please note SGI CANADA often releases de-identified personal information to other businesses to facilitate our business needs (e.g., reinsurance companies).
Information collected and disclosed by SGI CANADA is retained in Canada. However, if you have purchased an insurance product that provides Legal Expense insurance, to provide this service, SGI CANADA must share your name, policy number, postal code, and the type of insurance coverage you have purchased with our service provider DAS Legal Protection Insurance Company Limited. This information is retained by DAS in both Canada and the United Kingdom. Any questions regarding same may be directed to our Privacy Department.
Retention and destruction of information
We keep your information only as long as we need it:
- to provide the business products and services identified; and
- to meet our legal or regulatory requirements.
When we no longer require or need your personal information, it is destroyed in a secure and confidential manner.
Subject to any lawful restriction, you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information or personal health information SGI CANADA collects about you. You may also request an amendment to any information on your file that is incorrect. To ensure that we have accurate information, please notify us when there are changes to your personal information.
When you are asked to provide your consent, it's your right to refuse permission to obtain, use or disclose your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you choose to exercise these rights, we'll continue to make every effort to provide you with quality products and services; however, the service provided may be impacted.
If you want to:
- Access your personal information or have your information corrected.
- Change your consent with respect to how we collect, use or disclose your personal information. Please note that SGI CANADA cannot refuse to disclose your information if we are required by law to provide this information to another third party.
- File a complaint about our privacy policies or the manner in which we've handled your personal information.
- Inquir about any other privacy questions or concerns.
SGI (SGI CANADA and the Saskatchewan Auto Fund) and SGI CANADA Insurance Services Ltd.
Chief Privacy Officer
2260 - 11th Ave.
Regina, SK S4P 0J9
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated...
First, contact SGI CANADA's Privacy Department. An officer will review your concerns and try to resolve them. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of an inquiry or complaint, you may address your concerns to:
Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
#503 - 1801 Hamilton St.
Regina, SK S4P 4B4
1-877-748-2298 (in Saskatchewan)
SGI CANADA Insurance Services Ltd.
Coachman Insurance Company
- An affiliate is a company that is controlled by SGI. A list of our affiliates is set out below.