2013 SGI CANADA brokers' calendar
June 11, 2012
Submission rules and guidelines
- The theme for the 2013 SGI CANADA brokers' calendar is Cultural Wonders. Send us your photos from around the world depicting what's important to you about your culture or the culture of your neighbours. Food. Dress. Tradition. Festivals. If it depicts your culture, we want to share it with our customers.
- From all eligible entries, 13 photos will be selected for use in the 2013 SGI CANADA brokers' calendar. The submitting photographer will receive $500 for each winning entry.
- Please include with each photo:
- Your name.
- The name of all identifiable people in the photograph.
- Your town/city and province.
- Your phone number.
- General descriptions of where the photo was taken and what’s taking place.
- A brief sentence about how it represents "Cultural Wonders."
- A maximum of three entries per person allowed.
- Amateur photographers only.
- SGI CANADA cannot use any photos featuring clearly recognizable people unless the individual submitting the photo has acquired permission for both print and online publication use from all people appearing in the photo, including the permission of the parent or guardian for anyone under the age of 18. By submitting the photo(s) in the contest, you are agreeing to these terms and indicating you have acquired such permission. If your photo(s) is selected for printing in the calendar, a signed release will also be required.
- SGI CANADA plans to post every photo submitted on its Flickr page as a means of engaging the public in the calendar photo contest and allowing visitors to choose a fan favourite. Photos may also be posted on SGI's other social media sites (such as Facebook or Twitter), as well as the corporate websites. By submitting your photo(s) in the contest you are granting SGI the right to use your photo(s) and name online in this manner. You are also confirming you have acquired the necessary permissions for use from all identifiable people in the photo(s). You must indicate in writing at the time of submission if you do not want your photos used online.
- SGI CANADA reserves the right to crop and/or compose winning entries with other design elements.
- All submissions must be made by emailing digital image files. Do not submit prints and/or slides. Attachments must not exceed 20 MB per email. If needed, images can be emailed separately, so long as you indicated that it is submission "1 of 3," "2 of 3," etc.
- File formats accepted: JPG, TIF, PNG and BMP. Images must be flattened; do not submit layered files.
- File formats not eligible: CR2 (or other RAW formats), PSD, PDF, GIF and photos taken with a cellphone camera.
- Resolution of images must be capable of being reproduced at a minimum size of 8" x 10" at 300 dots per inch (dpi) or pixels per inch (ppi). SGI CANADA cannot guarantee a printed colour reproduction match.
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight on July 31, 2012.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- SGI, SGI CANADA, SGI CANADA Insurance Services Ltd., Coachman and Insurance Company of Prince Edward Island employees, and their immediate family members, are not eligible.
• • •