With an SGI CANADA Tenant Pak policy you are protected against:
- Credit/debit card loss, cheque forgery and counterfeit money.
- Expenses associated with debris removal following an insured loss.
- Damage to improvements you made to your premises.
- Damage to the premises from emergency entry by police officers, paramedics or firefighters.
- Identity theft expenses resulting from theft or misrepresentation of personal information.
- Increased living expenses and lost rental income following an insured loss.
- Inflation protection.
- Mass evacuation expenses.
- Damage to outdoor trees, lawns, shrubs and plants.
- Renter's glass coverage.
Legal Expense insurance
As part of your SGI CANADA policy, you now have access to Legal Expense insurance, which means you are automatically covered when faced with unexpected legal issues. It will pay your legal costs to pursue or defend your legal rights for:
- employment disputes
- contract disputes
- bodily injuries
- automobile contract disputes
- property protection
- tax protection
- employee legal defence
It also included unlimited free access to a Legal Advice Helpline (1-855-953-1430) which you can contact about any legal question you have - whether it is part of your coverage or not.
Personal liability coverage
This coverage protects you in case you're found legally responsible for bodily injury to someone else or for damage to their property.
Our tenant insurance policies include a minimum amount of protection of $1 million for personal liability coverage. Coverage provided includes:
- Court costs, legal fees and certain other expenses.
- Voluntary medical payments up to $5,000.
- Voluntary property damage payments up to $5,000.
Ask your insurance broker about options for increased amounts of protection and important extensions of your personal liability coverage for other property you may own such as seasonal residences or watercraft.
For additional coverage, ask your broker about an SGI CANADA Personal Liability Umbrella policy.
Replacement cost coverage
The coverage protects your belongings for what they cost to replace at today's prices, not depreciated values, up to the amount of insurance on your policy (some limitations may apply).
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for premium discounts on your SGI CANADA Tenant Pak.